Il Tortellante history begins inside Aut Aut Modena, an association promoting and co-ordinating educational projects, assistance and fund raising to support families with autistic people in the province of Modena.
The idea was to create a team of high school students aged between 14 and 18, young adults aged 18+, relatives, grandmas, volunteers and firms that want to take part in a social and employment project based on autonomy under direct supervision of a scientific committee.
A community was created to produce sustainable hand made pasta, under the supervision of Dr. Franco Nardocci , a child psychiatrist and two psychologists, Alessandro Rebuttini and Martina Rossetti, with the support of chef Massimo Bottura, who takes part in our activities.
Born as a rehab and educational therapy, this project is a real job opportunity for autistic people.
The Tortellante guys took part in many events:
- March 27, 2017: dinner at The Ghirlandina canteen, they served the tortellini made by them and cooked by chef Massimo Bottura.
- June 24, 2017: party at the Earl Forni’s villa where the Tortellante guys worked as waiters.
- March 5 + May 14, 2018: educational events about autism with Dr. Giacomo Vivanti and Dr. Marco De Caris , the Tortellante guys worked as waiters at the buffet.
- March 13, 2018: Modena Rotary Club dinner at the Ghirlandina canteen, guys worked as waiters.
- April 7, 2018: guys working with caterer for the opening of a furniture store.